Editors should update the review process in order to ensure that the journal employs a state-of-the-art reviewing system, publish retractions, clarifications, apologies, and corrections when needed, and constantly improve the quality of the journal quality by assigning suitable reviewers to evaluate submitted manuscripts. Editors should inform editorial board members of any changes made to the journal. In addition, editors must:
- Never disclose any information concerning submitted manuscripts to anyone other than reviewers, corresponding authors, other editorial advisors, or the journal officer, as appropriate.
- Must be unbiased toward all authors and evaluate manuscripts based on their content without consideration of gender, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, citizenship, or anything else related to the authors.
- Must prevent misconduct in submitted and published work with regard to plagiarism, duplicate submissions, data fabrication and/or falsification, ghost authorship, and citation manipulation. Any article associated with such misconduct will be retracted or withdrawn from the journal.
The reviewers should:
- Decline to review any manuscript that leads to conflicts of interest or is outside of their fields of expertise.
- Assist the editorial team make an appropriate decision as to whether or not to accept submitted manuscripts.
- Preserve the confidentiality of all documents undergoing the review process, as well as the information therein.
- Present comments, questions, and/or concerns regarding the manuscripts to an editor in a timely and unbiased manner.
- Advise the editors in cases of possible misconduct associated with plagiarism, data fabrication and/or falsification, duplicate submission, ghost authorship, or citation manipulation.
- Never use data or materials disclosed through the review process for their own benefit without the permission of the authors.
The authors should:
- Ensure that the submitted manuscript contains original work with sufficient detail and suitable citations. The English used in the manuscript should be clear and correct.
- Never submit any manuscript that contains data fabrication and/or falsification, plagiarism, or citation manipulation, is ghost authored, or is a duplicate submission.
- Never have or attempt to create conflicts of interest.
- Provide sufficient information regarding all authors of the submitted manuscripts.
- Include proper acknowledgement of research funding agencies and other relevant organizations in the submitted manuscripts.