Peer Review Process
The article that has been sent to JOINTECOMS will be through two review process namely pre-review and review. Pre-review process of the article is done by managing director that include:
- Focus and Scope: The article being sent should in accordance with the scope of JOINTECOMS , focus and scope can be seen here. The article outside the scope of JOINTECOMS will be rejected.
- Plagiarism Check: Plagiarism check and article similarity are done by using google schoolar and itenthicate with maximum score 15%. Article that has similarity check above 15% will be returned to the writer for revision.
- References: references used in the article are minimum 10 references that consist of 80% primary sources and 20% secondary sources. References use IEEE style and made by using references managing software like Mendeley.
- Template: the submitted article should in accordance with the template in JOINTECOMS which can be seen and downloaded here.
If from the four components, there is something not in accordance, then the article will be returned to the writer to be revised. Writer is given time for seven days to revise the article and send it back.
When the four components in the review process are fulfilled, then the article will be continued to be reviewed by the reviewer through editor. The substances review process is done by two reviewer in Double Blind Peer Review. Reviewer can give recommendation such as:
- Accept Submission: article is accepted to be published without having revision in substances.
- Revision Required: the article with minor revision, article is sent to the writer to be revised (when the writer has sent the revision, article can be accepted to be published)
- Resubmit for Review: the article with major revision. After revision is done by the writer, article is resubmitted to the reviewer to be reviewed again ( maximum three times resubmit), If the article is not quite right in substance after the fourth review, then reviewer is allowed to give recommendation as Decline Submission.
- Resubmit Elsewhere : in substance, article is considered as less suitable and suggested to be submitted into other journal
- Decline Submission: article is rejected by the reviewer to be reviewed with two reasons, (1) reviewer rejects because of a reason (not related to articleâ€™s substances), then the article is sent to another reviewer. (2) rejected article in substance is considered less suitable to be published in journal.