Jurnal Pendidikan is a peer-reviewed electronic journal. This statement clarifies the ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing articles in this journal including authors, editorial team, peer-reviews and publishers (The Research and Community Service Institution - University of Palangka Raya)
Ethical Guidelines for Journal Publication
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed Jurnal Pendidikan is an important part of developing a reliable knowledge network. The quality reflected in the work of the authors and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles supported and embodied the scientific method. Therefore, it is an important agreement of standards of ethical behaviour expected of all parties involved in publishing: authors, journal editors, peer reviewers, publishers and the public.
University of Palangka Raya as the publisher of the Jurnal Pendidikan has a responsibility to supervise and monitor all publication steps. We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint, or other commercial revenue does not impact or influence editorial decisions.
The validation of the work in question and its importance to researchers and readers should form the basis in making a manuscript publishing decision. The Editorial Team makes decisions based on the suggestions of the journal's editorial board and is limited by applicable legal requirements regarding defamation, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The Editorial Team may confer with the editorial board or other reviewers in making this decision.
The duties and responsibility of editorial team
- Meet the needs of readers and writers
- Making efforts to improve the quality of publications sustainably.
- To ensure the quality of the article published through reviews supported by predetermined peer reviewers.
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion.
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record.
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies when needed.
- Responsible for the style and format, while the content and all statements in the manuscript are the author responsibility.
- Requesting the writers, readers, peer reviewer, and editorial board to improve the publications.
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by requesting authors to provide ethical clearance.
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about publication ethics.
- Evaluated the publication policies effect on the authors and peer reviewer attitudes and correcting them to increase responsibility and minimize errors.
- Open mind to new opinions or views of others that can rise personal conflicts.
- Not maintaining self-opinion, author, or the other people that encouraging non-objective decisions.
- Encourage the author to improve their written works until they are fit for publication.
The duties and responsibility of peer reviewer
- Receiving an editor assignment to review the manuscript and submit his review to the editor as material for determining the feasibility of a written work for publication.
- Does not examine written works involving him, either directly or indirectly.
- Maintain the author confidentiality throughout not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations for the manuscripts he studies.
- Encourage the writer to improve the script.
- Reviewing the revised manuscripts according to predetermined standards.
- Reviewing the manuscript on time and following the Jurnal Pendidikan style and based on scientific principles.
The duties and responsibilities of authors
- Ensuring that those included in the list of authors meet the criteria as authors.
- Responsible collectively to the work and the content of the manuscript/article includes methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- State the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the study.
- Respond to peer reviewers' comments in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if he will retract the manuscript.
- State the paper submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.